The Institute of Advisors’
4 Key Tips To Creating A Successful Practice
Whether your an experienced consultant with years of experience in the field or a rookie searching for help on how to be a business consultant, these tips are can be adopted at any level!
1. You Do Not Have An Answer To Every Issue
You do not have the answer but rather you have the tools and methodologies to GET the answer. You need to understand that you do not know the business better than your client but rather you have the expertise in certain management practices and business processes.
“I am not an expert in your business, I am an expert in the systems and processes to grow and scale your business”
2. Make A Name For Yourself
- Write a paper or a book with the intention of creating a ‘bestseller’
- Present at conferences and workshops
- Become an expert, know the subject better than anyone else and present it with passion
- Seek awards
- Seek influencers to recommend your services
- Seek testimonials
- Record video seminars and sell them
3. Practice, Practice, Practice
As an advisor you should be constantly looking to expand your knowledge and fine tune your skills, but the core set of skills that are critical to your success are as follows:
- Good listener
- Problem solving
- Implementing action plans to achieve solutions
4. Avoid Common Mistakes
- Providing answers before they have the facts
- Judgemental rather than objective
- Providing solutions without referencing the alternatives
- Selling work where none is needed
- Providing definitive rather than suggested solutions
- Revealing confidential information
The Business Advisor Certification (BAC) Course is the leading certification for advisors planning to start a consultancy business!
October workshops are fast approaching!
Join us for an event like no other where only the best of the best advisors from across the globe compete against one another in a game of strategic planning and execution. All teams will be faced with a scenario where they must use their collective knowledge to implement their business strategy in a series of turn based decisions, but their results are also effected by the decisions made by the other teams!
All teams must outsmart, outwit, and outplay their competitors in order to guarantee the victory!
This battle will be run over 4 online sessions:
Friday 16th October (8am – 10am AEST)
Friday 23rd October (8am – 10am AEST)
Friday 30th October (8am – 10am AEST)
Friday 6th November (8am – 10am AEST)
Register below, secure your spot, and become certified!